How do I avoid the Redmond method ...

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Fri Mar 21 15:11:58 UTC 2008

> From: Jay Ridgley
>  I am running 6.06 LTS with the Gnome desktop on this system
> and after a
> reboot (the Redmond method) my screensaver will again start working
> correctly, for awhile. Then after some period, at least
> several hours,
> of time while I have been doing many things and had no problems the
> screensaver stops displaying the random screen images and
> goes just blank.

This sounds like it could be a monitor issue.  I have several 'green'
monitors that go dark after a period of non-use which is longer than the
time set for my screensaver.  I am not at home at the moment, so I can't
quote the models, but in the menu of the monitor itself, I was able to
turn this feature 'off' on two models.  A third would not allow me to
alter the setting.

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.