Remote Desktop Krdc --> WindozeXP

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 03:11:19 UTC 2008

I am attempting to connect to my office computer Windows XP Pro from my
laptop running ubuntu 7.10

So far I have installed the UltraVNC server on my XP box and Krdc on the
laptop.  I can connect and everything works, but only as an unencrypted
session.  There are two encryption plugins for UltraVNC that claim to
not require a pre-shared key.  AESV2Plugin and ARC4Plugin.  When using
either of these, Krdc does not recognise and does not connect.  It is
possible to generate a PSK for either.  But then what would I do with
it?  I can't find any instruction on how to configure Krdc to use
encryption.  (In the preferences dialog, encryption is greyed out.)

Any Thoughts??  Thanks...