Burning CD with song titles?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:47:51 UTC 2008

Mike Adolf wrote:
> Anyone know how to burn quality CDs including the song's title and
> author. I've tried K3b. It allows you to type in titles and authors and
> more, but after burning, the titles and authors are not on the CD?
>
> Mike

I have noticed that to make the CD text stuff on to the audio CD, you
need to have the tracks with the meta information first. Let us assume
you have your audio data in mp3 format, or flac or ogg format and it has
the metadata in it.

Next, create an audio CD project in K3b, add the audio files that you
want to burn, and then when you get the Burn dialog you need to check
CD-Text->Write CD-Text and then put at least the CD  title and
performer. I think this should give you the text in audio CD.

Could you let us know how this goes with you? BTW, if you have UTF-8
data in the CD metadata, most cd audio players (cars, boomboxes, etc.)
may not show that properly.

->HS