Burning CD with song titles?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Mar 19 15:17:24 UTC 2008

Mike Adolf wrote:
> Anyone know how to burn quality CDs including the song's title and
> author. I've tried K3b. It allows you to type in titles and authors and
> more, but after burning, the titles and authors are not on the CD?
>
> Mike

If you're trying to create a music CD to play on CD players, then no,
you cannot.  Music CD's have no method of storing that kind of
information.  The only reason the computer can sometimes find that
information when you put in a music CD is because the computer connects
to a database of known music CD's over the internet to identify the disc
you inserted and download the relevant info... However, if you make
custom discs, there is no way your disc will be in that database (ie, it
only works for mass produced CD's)