I can't connect to irc.ubuntu.com

Kinch Zhang kinch.zhang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 02:00:39 UTC 2008

I used to chat in #ubuntu chat room so I think this problem has nothing to
do with Pidgin or xchat.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:45 AM, Dax Solomon Umaming <knightlust at ubuntu.com>
wrote:

> Is there any chance that your problem's caused by the Great Firewall of
> China?
> Come to think of it, I haven't encounted anyone on Freenode connected from
> mainland China.

Now I think that maybe Freenode has been blocked by the Great Firewall of my
truly "open" country . This is really disappointing . As you may know, Some
foreign website would be blocked if they are considered to be "unsafe" ( for
political reasons) .

But I just can't find out how freenode is related to political reasons .

Thanks for all your reply, anyway

Regards,

Kinch Zhang

> --