I can't connect to irc.ubuntu.com

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 19 01:15:29 UTC 2008

On 03/18/2008 02:58 PM, michael wrote:
> To connect via Pidgin watch out UbuntuDesktopTraining.pdf
> chapters 4.5 and 10.4.3

Well... true & thanks! But that's a 72.5Mb PDF download & I'm not sure
he wants to do that just to find out how to do it from pidgin. However,
looks like the key in pidgin is:

1. Open the Buddies menu to view the available options, and click Add
Chat. This displays the Add Chat dialogue box.

2. To interact with ubuntu users, type #Ubuntu in the Screen name field.
Then click Add. This adds the Ubuntu users’ account to your
Buddies List.
Figure 10.16: Add Chat Dialogue Box
3. Notice that #ubuntu is added as an IRC account to your Buddy List.
Double-click the account name to enter the IRC channel for
Ubuntu

Got it working from my end with that info. However, I think I'll stick
with chatzilla :-)