Kernel image

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 18 14:16:03 UTC 2008

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> I  have some doubts (perhaps I am going to personally experience, but
> better if I am ready then):  how to uninstall the new (not-working)
> kernel after booting ?. I don´t know if I can use synaptic for this or
> directly delete a partition /files ? (which).

Sure. With synaptic you can install and uninstall packages including
kernel packages. Deleting files isn't a good idea. Your database of
installed files would be incorrect. Furthermore just deleting files would
not update your boot menu and you would have to do it manually. Using a
package manager is much more reliable.

Nils