perl dbd-oracle ?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Mar 18 12:45:59 UTC 2008

Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:

> I have a need to write some perl programs to access an oracle db.
> but i don't see a libdbd-oracle-perl package in the repository.
>
> is there a 3rd party repository with a working libdbd-oracle-perl package?
>
> or is there some other way to get access to oracle db through perl?

Damn.  As usual, I played with this but have no notes about how I did it!

I have libdbd-oracle-perl-1.17 under ~/apache-owa, which suggests to me that
I installed it as part of apache-owa (an attempt to get a Free solution to
serving up PL/SQL pages - it mostly works, but isn't so great with variable
parameter lists).  So I'd suggest that the best place to start might be
googling "apache-owa".

Ultimately, I expect I got the libdbd off cpan.

If that doesn't help you, ask again and I'll try to dig into it.
--
derek