scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 18 05:41:11 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> squareyes wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> Nils Kassube wrote:
>>>

>>>     OK. I tried with the NTFS volume set and the same results, no action
>>> after the first 30 seconds. Could be that I am working with Win XT Home
>>> Edition and as I recall you need to prove you have an earlier version of
>>> windows. I do not know how to do this.
>>>
>>> Karl

>> Hi,
>> don't know if this may help,
>> I had to reset hard drive mode in bios, win XP would not even recognize
>> there was a drive there
>> with bios set default.
>> Hope this helps
>> Take Care
>> Winton
>>

> Well I think my BIOS calls it auto. Are you saying WinXP needs BIOS to
> be set to an actual hard drive type? My Linux was never worried :-)
>
> And will the Home version work if I do all this?
>
> Karl

First, how much RAM do you have?

Second, have you googled the problem? Or checked the Ubuntu forums?

I realize time is a constraint, it is for us all.

I currently have XP Pro, Wolvix and Ubuntu all on the same hard drive
with no issues.

My cpu is a lowly 1.4 ghz, memory a lowly 768MB and a slow 160 HD.

Maybe you should follow these guidelines posted here >
http://apcmag.com/5459/dualboot_ubuntu_and_windows_xp

Good luck and Happy St Pat's Day to all.