Wrong timezone for New Zealand?

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 17 07:17:07 UTC 2008

Jamie,

What version of tzdata is installed? Do you have gutsy-updates and
gutsy-security in your repository list?
I get the following from apt-cache policy tzdata:

tim at marvin:~$ apt-cache policy tzdata
tzdata:
  Installed: 2008a-0ubuntu0.7.10
  Candidate: 2008a-0ubuntu0.7.10
  Version table:
 *** 2008a-0ubuntu0.7.10 0
        500 http://nz2.archive.ubuntu.com gutsy-proposed/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2007k-0ubuntu0.7.10.1 0
        500 http://nz2.archive.ubuntu.com gutsy-updates/main Packages
     2007f-3ubuntu1 0
        500 http://nz2.archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/main Packages

If you haven't got updates enabled, you won't see the updated tzdata for
NZ, as the gutsy default, 2007f didn't include the NZ updates.

Tim