Evolution's crazy habit with moving an e-mail to a folder !?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Mar 17 00:53:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:12:50 +0800
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux <i-ubux at synass.net> wrote:

> > If you are ging to try Thunderbird, have a look at Claws-Mail.
> >
> > I think you justmay like it.
>

> Hi Chris
> Thanks for your hint !
> Normally another important point in my selection is data portability
> and I just tried
> Evolution since it was present with my first Ubuntu 7.10 installation
> in October 2007 !!
>
> On the other hand:
> Thunderbird works in OS/2 Warp 4, Ubuntu 7.10 & in WIN XPP (system
> original installation) !!!
>
> I will get along with TB until Lotus Notes is available and working
> properly with Ubuntu. ;-)
>
> Cheers, svobi

That's true - T-Bird uses the mbox format (at least in Windows and
Unix, I have to assume it's also true under OS/2, and I suspect
Evolution does or at least gives you a choice). While Claws-Mail uses (I
don't think you have a choice of formats) uses the maildir format.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Fingerprint: 4201 94F9 E77F 9357 F3F3 56B7 8D20 ECC7 1AB5 FEF8