Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 22:42:02 UTC 2008

su, 2008-03-16 kello 15:40 -0600, Karl Larsen kirjoitti:

> Thanks and I think the Windows format has just one speed. All or none :-)
>
> It may be too big a problem to load windows after you have Linux installed.

You are not describing your situation clearly enough. Are you trying to
set up a dual boot system, where you have both Windows XP and Ubuntu
installed? If that's the case, it's best to install Windows XP first.
Unless you have some very good reason, you should use NTFS file system
for XP, because its better in many respects than FAT16 or FAT32. You can
reformat your hard drive when you install XP. Just leave enough room for
Ubuntu there.

Here's more information about the process (not so easy for a newbie to
find):
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot

Cheers,

Ari Torhamo