photo tagging software

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 00:02:18 UTC 2008

la, 2008-03-15 kello 16:55 -0400, Sam Fielder kirjoitti:
> I am looking for a photo tagging program. similar to the google image
> labeler, but applicable to private photos. I have a shared photo archive
>   with several users updating and using the same archive, I would like
> to harness their abilities to tag the collection, but need some
> direction on what to use. The google solution seemed very elegant, where
> the users could compete to collaborate.
>
> thanks
>
> Sam

F-Spot is able to tag jpg files the way you want (at least the version
available in Hardy). I haven't done this myself yet, but according to
the manual, tags are properly added to the files, not into a separate
database. F-Spot can tag other file types too, but tags are not embedded
then.

Ari Torhamo