photo tagging software

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 22:36:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Sam Fielder <srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:
> I am looking for a photo tagging program. similar to the google image
>  labeler, but applicable to private photos. I have a shared photo archive
>   with several users updating and using the same archive, I would like
>  to harness their abilities to tag the collection, but need some
>  direction on what to use. The google solution seemed very elegant, where
>  the users could compete to collaborate.

The linux version of Picasa might work.  It refers to tags as
"keywords".  Be advised that Google uses a built-in version of WINE,
and also required decent 3D acceleration to work smoothly.  Most of
the features work, but not all - the last time I checked I think that
uploading to an album and tagging were working.

I've never installed it this way, but they do have an apt repository:
http://www.google.com/linuxrepositories/ubuntu704.html

HTH,
Chris