What to do with this workstation

Qiuli Han ivyharry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 19:50:01 UTC 2008

Thanks for all your repies.

i was also thinking dual booting so i can play some games on XP, however,
Xeon processors are not really good at gaming and the graphic card is not on
the top of the line. Games on the other hand, most of them only can use one
of my eight cores. so pretty much gaming is not really a good way to go.
Plus i have both xbox360 and PS3.

i know at a part of animation work, it will use a lot of CPU resource. but
since i dont know a lot of it. I think i may need to start from zero to
learn it. the other thing is, what program should i use(free of course).

another idea i can think of is using it to learn linux clustering by running
a few Virtaul Machines, ie, Vmware Workstation or server.

scientifdic project is also good. but....be more selfish, i would like to
have something can benefit myself. at least can make me learn something.

thanks