Evolution's crazy habit with moving an e-mail to a folder !?

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Mar 15 02:13:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 15:26 +0800, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> It is not a filter or rule problem !!

I know I just wrote that because I objected to what the other guy wrote

> It seems more a behavior problem and perhaps somewhere is a switch
> to be set for this !?

As John Carlyle-Clarke wrote in his reply, this is expected behavior.
There also is no setting AFAIK.

I seem to remember that this is not uncommon behavior among mail
clients, and that it is this way to speed up (save on network traffic)
if the email is stored not locally, but on remote folders.

I wonder why you care. I've been using evo for like 5 years or so, and
it never bothered me. You do have View -> "Hide deleted message"
checked, yes?