[Hardy] Samba must share home

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 04:10:58 UTC 2008

After loading up & getting hardy alpha 6 (gnome) working today I decided
to share a single directory/sub-folder in my home directory. Following
the normal gui procedures I find that the entire home directory must be
set as shared in order for the other machines to see the sub-folder.

So, I unshare the home folder, as on Feisty, and can no longer see the
sub-folder. Turn sharing back on for the home folder and now I can.
Anyone else see this and/or know why this is?