Monitor frequency problem

Mike Dugger manifold at golfront.org
Fri Mar 14 02:55:06 UTC 2008

I was happy to see that someone recently had their monitor resolution
problem solved using dpkg-reconfigure x server-xorg. However, a problem
that I've had since upgrading from ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 is that my monitor
is being driven at 50 hz refresh rate when it really, really wants to run
at 60 hz. My System -> Screen Resolution offers 50 hz and 54 hz, but not 60
hz which is the native refresh rate for my Samsung SyncMaster 204T.

Will the technique above solve this or is there something else I'm missing?

- Mike