What to do when Ubuntu boots into Busybox CLI?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 21:15:38 UTC 2008

On 13/03/2008, Matthew Clarke <mj3clark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What should one do when booting Ubuntu gets the Busybox CLI screen?
> Pray it is not the JMicron bug.

I reserve my prayer for death, but I will hope as hard as I can that
it is not JMicron, as per your advice.

> Are you getting this message? = "failed to set xfermode" ?

No, I was not getting any specific error message at the busybox
prompt. Might it be hidden in a log file somewhere?

>  you probably would have mentioned it... but hey, worth a try...
>  if so you could check out this page:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.17/+bug/57502
> a rather infamous problem, that plagues me to this day...

Thanks, I will go through that more thouroughly before my next
reinstall attempt.

Dotan Cohen

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?