[Hardy] Re: Help, its messed up.
glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 18:51:12 UTC 2008
On 03/13/2008 01:51 AM, Ari Torhamo wrote:
> This problem seems to be widespread, but a solution has already been
Thanks for that Ari. Actually, I think the *cause* has been found :-)
This worked for me:
1. Rebooted from the Hardy CD & chose rescue a broken system.
2. Went through all of the recovery procedures until I was able to get
to a root bash prompt (#).
3. Followed (somewhat modified):
* If you are running the 32-bit PC (i386) edition of Ubuntu, type the
following into the terminal window:
* My /dev/sda1 was already mounted from the recovery/rescue so:
# dpkg -i *.deb
* dpkg downgraded to libc6_2.7-5ubuntu2 from libc6_2.7-9ubuntu2
* did a hard reboot & fsck invoked due to unclean mount - ok
I now have the ugly bird of paradise on my desktop again :-)
So now it shows a crash report, click on that, shows: Sorry, the package
"linux-image-2.6.24-12-generic 2.6.24-12.22" failed to install or upgrade"
That's OK -- it's alpha and that's what running alpha is all about;
fixing bugs before beta :-)
More information about the ubuntu-users