MADWifi problem

Web Master webmaster01 at freemail.hu
Thu Mar 13 18:08:42 UTC 2008

Dear List Members,

I have a little problem with my wireless network card

I have a DLink DWA 542 card

-- SPECIFICATIONs -----------------------------------
STANDARDS - IEEE 802.11n (draft), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
INTERFACE/BUS- 32-bit PCI
FREQUENCY - 2.4GHz to 2.4835GHz
SECURITY - Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2)
INDICATORS - LEDs for Link, Activity
REQUIREMENTS - Computer with: Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2000
SP4
CD-ROM Drive
20MB Hard Disk Space
32-bit PCI Slot
APPROVALS - FCC, CE
DIMENSIONS - 3.8"w x 0.3"h x 4.7"d WT.- 0.23 lbs.

Others adviced me that I should follow the MADWifi Howto's installation
steps. I should install a madwifi driver.

http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo#InstallingMadWifi

But during the first steps I have a problem:

Removing old modules
For this step you must be logged on as root.
First, set all your MadWifi devices down:
ifconfig ath0 down
ifconfig wifi0 down

When I issued an <ifconfig ath0 down> command I've got the answer,
that <No such device> .
Afterwards I followed the all steps of howto, but at the end of
installation the <ifconfig ath0 up> command shows the same answer:
<No such device>

What should I do? Will I install again my linux OS, after I plugged my
network interface card?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

WM

Az ételkóstoló. Fergeteges új regény! Rendelje meg!
http://bookline.hu/control/producthome?id=67421&type=22&tabname=book&affiliate=frekaakar5600