Television -- TV -- Satellite TV -- Dish Network

Pete Clapham peteclapham at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 16:00:03 UTC 2008

Hi, all --

I want to use a Ubuntu box as a DVR for Dish Network.  Does anybody know
how to do this?  I don't mind paying their $5 per month for a DVR fee,
but I would like (ideally) to build an HD receiver with a really big
hard drive.  Alternatively, does anybody know how to use an Ubuntu box
to transport HD TV from one receiver to a television in another location?

Thanks for your help!

cheers,
pete

--
Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
w.clapham at csuohio.edu