FYI: Duroquinone; processor

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 13 04:37:03 UTC 2008

thomas fisher <studio1 at commspeed.net>  said:
> Article says:
[...]
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080311/sc_livescience/tinybrainlikecomputercreated
> http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/2008/March/11030802.asp
>
> Hope this is of use
> Tom

I had to send this to the article's author:

In the Yahoo article,
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080311/sc_livescience/tinybrainlikecomputercreated
You said:
Duroquinone is less than a nanometer, or a billionth of a meter large.
This makes it hundreds of times smaller than a wavelength of visible
light.
To  which I reply:
One time less than anything is zero.  'Smaller than' is arrived at by
division, not multiplication.  Duroquinone may be
one one-hundredth as large as a wavelength of light but hundreds of
times smaller is negative existence, and therefore nonsensical.

Sometimes I sure wish that science/math writers knew a little science or
math.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.