UN-organaised System Preferences / Administration drawers

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Thu Mar 13 04:27:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 01:41 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 08:29 +0800, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> > I dislike the UN-sorted entries in System | Administration or
> > Preferences !! ;-((
> >
> > How can i get them sorted automagically ??? ;-)
>
> What does "unsorted" mean, exactly, and how would you like it sorted?
> Also, which language do you use? I use English on Ubuntu 8.04, and they
> are sorted alphabetically, and always have been as far as I remember.

Hi Mario
Thanks for your feedback !
You remember correct in general !! ;-)

UN-sorted means:
System | Administration is sorted alpha from Keyring Manager to Users
and Groups !
After this I am having 7 more entries again starting sorted alpha,
ie.e Home User Backup, Home User Restore, Partition Editor, Printing
(2nd time),
Startupmanager, TurboPrint Setup and User Profile Editor !!
I had expected proper alpha sorting from top to bottom and increasing
from A-Z !?!

I use English too and my Ubuntu is 7.10 and I am a newbie with Linux
since 10/2008 ;-D

BTW:
You dropped the PS in my post !!!
Just moving Administration ahead of Preferences resulted in appearing of
2 more entries !!??
This shows me really that something curious is going on !!
Just: What is it ? ;-|

Cheers, svobi