Unformat-able SD Card

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 01:47:51 UTC 2008

I had an SD card with Ubuntu running on it and I took it out during the
shutdown process, while the computer was still on. This card booted two
or three times but then I noticed that there were errors and  changes
back to  default, I could not explain it. When I got it home, the bios
could not even recognize the disk,  When I try reformatting it in
gparted it gives me a negative value for the size of the drive, does
anyone have a clue what could have happened to this card and how I could
I possibly fix it? None of my SD devices can format this card - it only
gives me a "card error".