External USB hard drive "loosing" connection [Maxtor onetouch]

Hemant Bist hemantbist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:36:00 UTC 2008

I will try remounting the drive from the script.[ Its a sbackup
package crontab  running as root.]

I also suspect that its due to sleep mode. Could it have something to with
the fact that I reformatted the drive to ext3 from NTFS?
I found this article claiming that there is no problem with Maxtor drives.[
http://www.engadget.com/profile/1588927/].

Here are the errors I see in syslog.

.

 localhost kernel: [174463.681864] sd 1:0:0:0: Device not ready.
 localhost kernel: [174463.681885] end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector
4655
 localhost kernel: [174463.687888] Aborting journal on device sda1.
 localhost kernel: [175036.945142] ext3_abort called.
 localhost kernel: [175036.945164] EXT3-fs error (device sda1):
ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
 localhost kernel: [175036.945176] Remounting filesystem read-only

HB