squid guard problem

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Wed Mar 12 17:03:13 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 Travis Smith's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> I guess I dont fully understand the question and not sure how to redirect
> with squidguard but maybe another solution would be to create a dns for
> www.porno.com and create and a record to where you want it to be
> redirected. I've used squid before but only to block sites not redirect
> them. If your not using local dns then edit your hosts file.

I don't want to use squidguard to redirect sites, as to block sites. But in
the example of squidguard there is a redirection to a default web page for
all blocked site, so I decided to redirect my users to a default home page
when using a wrong site.  But if I redirect them to www.google.com I can see
the page right, when redirecting to a page of mine I cannot see the resources
in it.

Maybe the problem is that if the resource (e.g., and image) is referenced with
a local path (e.g., img/construc.gif) instead of an absolute url (e.g.,
http://www.google.com/img.png) it cannot be loaded.
Is it possible to have a workaround about that?

Luca