Ubuntu magic

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Mar 12 12:18:07 UTC 2008

    Have a friend who uses Windows but wants to use Linux. Over about
4-5 years I got him to use Fedora whatever version I was on at that
time. He had nothing but troubles and I would try to help him but it
just never worked and he gave up.

    A couple of weeks ago he asked again and I told him ubuntu and he
got the live cd and it ran fine on his computer. So he loaded it onto
the computer and everything works. He (and me) were amazed. His biggest
problem is deleting Totem so VLC will come up as the prefered viewer.
The printer works, the Internet works it all works.

    He is now a happy Linux user

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI