bug in python-genshi package

Alexey Nezhdanov snakeru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:35:30 UTC 2008

Subject: python-genshi: missing data in egg-info
Package: python-genshi
Version: 0.4.4-2ubuntu1
Severity: normal

With current egg-info format (single
file /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Genshi-0.4.4.egg-info)
python-turbogears can not detect genshi as installed. Creating folder instead
of the file
and copying egg-info files from original tarball fixes the problem.

I have gutsy installed with very few packages upgraded from hardy (turbogears
et company).
Do not know if same problem reproduces in pure hardy.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers gutsy-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'gutsy-updates'), (500, 'gutsy-security'),
(500, 'gutsy-backports'), (500, 'gutsy')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.22-14-generic (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages python-genshi depends on:
ii  python                    2.5.1-1ubuntu2 An interactive high-level
object-o
ii  python-support            0.7.5          automated rebuilding support for

python-genshi recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

--
BTW is it right place to submit bugreports? 'reportbug' from command line
fails with