Ubuntu install

Jeff Fisher jeff-fisher at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 10:47:36 UTC 2008

Hey, Guys
Can we take a more sympathetic approach to some of the advice given out?
We're trying to encourage users to stick with Ubuntu.

James, if you are coming from Windows and have only ever used one
drive/partition I can understand your confusion with the 'Prepare
Partitions' screen.

Start where Mario suggests:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/I386
but if you're unfamiliar with partitions take particular heed to:

*"Pay careful attention to this step of the installation process, you
cannot undo changes made at this point, and you may lose data if you
chose the wrong options."*

If you are installing Ubuntu on to a drive already containing Windows,
I'd suggest using a dual boot set-up until you're happy with the way it
goes.
Best wishes
Jeff