can not update the drupal package

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:54:12 UTC 2008

On 3/12/08, Michael Zoet <Michael.Zoet at zoet.de> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>

> when I try to update Drupal on my Server I get the following error
> message:
>
> Setting up drupal-5.1 (5.1-0ubuntu2.3) ...
> dbconfig-common: writing config to /etc/dbconfig-common/drupal-5.1.conf
> Replacing config file /etc/drupal/5.1/sites/default/dbconfig.php with
> new version
> dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password
> dpkg: error processing drupal-5.1 (--configure):
>   subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> Setting up python2.5 (2.5.1-0ubuntu1.1) ...

>   drupal-5.1
>
> Does someone know what is wrong here. It is a normal Drupal
> installation... The Server runs with feisty.
>
> greetings,
>
> Michael

Hey,
  Is there a reason why you're using the debian package instead of the
tarballs from the drupal site?
  The Drupal 5.x branch is up to 5.7 now (with many security fixes along the
way) and there is a new (not yet mature) 6.x
 branch which has just been released.
  Drupal only really requires access to a database (eg mysql) and a web
server (eg apache) and can usually be installed (base install) in a few
minutes by hand.

  That out of the way, the error is because it can't connect
to the database after the upgrade. It has
replaced the dbsettings.php
 file just before the error which probably holds the database URI and password.
  Check out this thread:
  (2nd result googling for "sites/default/dbconfig.php")

cheers,
Owen.