Boot Failure, need some help

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Tue Mar 11 13:53:21 UTC 2008

*I have a 120gb hd, which use to work just fine, but the other day I
installed it and at when booting up, it says no filesystem please insert
a system disk...

After trying to access it using knoppix 5.1, it shows the hd as hda, but
when I try to mount it, it too says could not mount device hda, I can
not determine the filesystem type and none was specified...

This hd has some files that I would like to retrive, so if anyone can
help me out as to how I can get grub working at boot up again I'd
appreicate it...

The hd has ubuntu version 7.4 on it...

Thanks Larry
*