Messed up VNC

damian misc at daminator.com
Tue Mar 11 11:07:21 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm running a VNC server in this way:

xorg.conf:

Section "Module"
    Load        "vnc"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    # Allow VNC access to this screen
    Option        "SecurityTypes"    "VncAuth"
    Option        "UserPasswdVerifier"    "VncAuth"
    Option        "PasswordFile"    "/root/.vnc/passwd"
EndSection

The problem is that when I try to look at the screen from a different
machine (I'm usung TightVNC on XP), the display is all garbled. I can
log in find, but it looks like there are about 4 screens interlaced
horizontally. I can kind or see what I'm doing enough to press a couple
of buttons, but it's not usable. Any ideas what could be happening? I'm
running the screen at1280x720. I think that everything was fine with VNC
when my display settings were wrong (I had a squashed 4x3 display
fitting into a 16x9 box for months), but it's broken since I 'fixed' it.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Damian