Google blocked access

Herman hermanaa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:24:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 00:11 -0400, Ben Mills wrote:
> Herman wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I get 'Google Error' below.
> > Is this a Linux Ubuntu (6.06LTS) problem? A FireFox problem?
> > A Google problem?

> >  The message displayed is:
> > ---
> > Google Error
> >
> >     We're sorry...
>
> I had the same problem with Google one day last week. Others are
> experiencing it too. Are you using opendns? Some people claim switching
> away from the opendns servers fixed the problem. Others believe it's an
> issue with Google.

Thanks to all who responded.
I see that problem lurks in many corners ......

It's quite unnerving when familiar paths are cut with no
 warning.
I appreciate the help.

I am not using opendns.
I do not have a network, only a network card to connect
 to the ADSL modem.

The above answer was very helpful. I expect the problem is
 Google's.
That is also what I suspected (and hoped).
 (who needs problems?).

As the error did not show up in the last 2 hours (over 10
 web-pages accessed, busy exploring another problem), the
 'blocked access' problem is solved looks like.

Thanks for the help !

Herman in PHL.