Wireless router

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Tue Mar 11 02:58:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 19:06 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:

> >> Then it's probably time to do a hard reset & start again?
> >>

> > Does the D-Link Model DI-524 not have a Backup / Restore feature for its
> > settings ???
> >
> > LinkSYS WAG354G does have this feature and I was really happy to have it
> > coz
> > once in a while it's needed here due some power or weather influences !!
> >
> > Check if this Backup / Restore feature is in their Settings and do use
> > it ! ;-)
> >
> > Good luck and cheers, svobi
> >

>     I fear this devise has no backup /restore feature. It is too old I
> think :-)
>
> I will try a real long reset and see what is there and go from that to I
> hope a working box.
>
> Karl

Hi Karl
I do not understand how you are trying to solve this !? ;-(

Did you check D-Link's pages to find your unit's support info ?
Did you check D-Link's recoomendations to check your units revision ??
Have you gotten the correct revision and read and studied their info ???

I assume: NONE you did !
Your excuse is: The unit is TOO old !!

Go and check this one and find yours with checking yourself, please:

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI%2D524

Good luck and cheers, svobi

PS - There in IT is an ugly abbreviation: RTFM !
Another tool to help yourself: Type D-Link DI-524 into Google and you'll
find more than 65000 entries !! ;-))