CUPS Kerberos Problem

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 23:48:57 UTC 2008

On 03/10/2008 03:36 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

>> Use meld to note the differences in your backup
>> samba.conf file against
>> the new one.  You'll probably find additions like:
>>
>> realm = <DOMAIN_NAME>
>> security = ADS
>>
>> etc., comment them out or remove them. If you've not
>> kept a backup
>> samba.conf (shame on you :-) then search for
>> articles for installing
>> samba w/kerberos and work backwards, sample:
>>
>> http://www.tulg.org/docs/samba_ads_kerb.html
>>
> Thanks for the suggestion but I don't intend to get
> involved with Kerberos as mentioned. But i did fix it
> by purging and reinstalling cupsys. I don't know how
> samba got involved here but I'll check out my smb.conf

Argh... my mistake. Name association... everything I associate with
Leonard seems to samba related :-) My apologies - just replace
samba.conf with /etc/cupsys.conf and compare w/meld. But I see that
you've flushed & reinstalled cupsys so I guess it's a moot issue.

> to see if any thing changed.  BTW, I've read all your
> posts on setting up a network printer(ipp) and am
> failing badly. There seems to be an issue with the URL
> and it does everything but print. If you have the time
> maybe we could talk off-list. I have an Epson Stylus
> CX5800F MFP and had it installed locally once and
> working. Now can't get it to work as a local usb
> printer because https://localhost:632/admin add
> printer doesn't have a configuration for a usb printer.

Sure, I'll be happy to help if I can, drop me a note. Re USB printer, my
printer is a Canon MP750 multi-function USB printer and it works just
fine connected locally, and from my other Ubuntu machines using:
ipp://<IPoflocalconnectmachine>:631/printers/<printername>

The only settings that I have in the Printer Server settings are:
- Share published printers connected to this system
[note: Allow printing from the internet is *not* checked]
- Allow remote administration