CUPS Kerberos Problem

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 22:36:38 UTC 2008

--- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 03/10/2008 08:22 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > While using cups setting up an ipp printer, I
> > accidentally ticked "use kerberos" in the server
> basic
> > setup and now I can't authenticate/make changes
> for
> > anything. Dumb move I know but didn't even know
> what
> > kerberos is. Is there anyway, I can get back to
> the
> > default server settings without setting up
> kerberos? I
> > looked at the kerberos setup for linux on cups
> site
> > and don't want any part of it; didn't even
> understand
> > what was being talked about. Any help most
> appreciated.
> >

> Use meld to note the differences in your backup
> samba.conf file against
> the new one.  You'll probably find additions like:
>
> realm = <DOMAIN_NAME>
> security = ADS
>
> etc., comment them out or remove them. If you've not
> kept a backup
> samba.conf (shame on you :-) then search for
> articles for installing
> samba w/kerberos and work backwards, sample:
>
> http://www.tulg.org/docs/samba_ads_kerb.html

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't intend to get
involved with Kerberos as mentioned. But i did fix it
by purging and reinstalling cupsys. I don't know how
samba got involved here but I'll check out my smb.conf
to see if any thing changed.  BTW, I've read all your
posts on setting up a network printer(ipp) and am
failing badly. There seems to be an issue with the URL
and it does everything but print. If you have the time
maybe we could talk off-list. I have an Epson Stylus
CX5800F MFP and had it installed locally once and
working. Now can't get it to work as a local usb
printer because https://localhost:632/admin add
printer doesn't have a configuration for a usb printer.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net