CUPS Kerberos Problem

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 20:41:02 UTC 2008

On 03/10/2008 08:22 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> While using cups setting up an ipp printer, I
> accidentally ticked "use kerberos" in the server basic
> setup and now I can't authenticate/make changes for
> anything. Dumb move I know but didn't even know what
> kerberos is. Is there anyway, I can get back to the
> default server settings without setting up kerberos? I
> looked at the kerberos setup for linux on cups site
> and don't want any part of it; didn't even understand
> what was being talked about. Any help most appreciated.

Use meld to note the differences in your backup samba.conf file against
the new one.  You'll probably find additions like:

realm = <DOMAIN_NAME>
security = ADS

etc., comment them out or remove them. If you've not kept a backup
samba.conf (shame on you :-) then search for articles for installing
samba w/kerberos and work backwards, sample:

http://www.tulg.org/docs/samba_ads_kerb.html