VNC conections from multiple remote achines

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 9 21:21:39 GMT 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 11:09:14AM -0500, John DeCarlo wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:13 PM, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to set up a machine so that multiple remote machines can
> > connect and use VNC sessions on this machine. To do this I need some way
> > of
> > managing then "session ID" (as in machine_name:1 where 1 is the display
> > number) dynamically.
> >

> I am also not sure what you want to do.  You don't want the remote machines
> to have to know their session id?

The remote machines are windows boxes, and are administered by people who
are not all that familiar with what they are ding. I want to be able to just
tell them run (for example) vncviewer machine_name:10 and accept multiple
simultaneous connections, each of which will get their own desktop but as a
defined "guest"user.

Does this make it clearer?

programs.