Checking kernel version before installation

Aart Koelewijn aart at
Sun Mar 9 15:08:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 15:17:13 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> As I like to maintain Grub myself, I need to know which kernel is going
> to be installed before installation, so that I can update grub. How can
> I check this?

I think the easiest way would be after installation but before rebooting.
Then you can look in /boot which kernels etc. are there.

The programms used for installation also have a possibility to inspect
what is going to be installed before you press the apply button. You can
use that information too, off course.