nautilus question (possible bug)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 8 19:02:29 UTC 2008

On 03/08/2008 07:47 AM, Sam Fielder wrote:

> Upon further investigation I think it has to do with spaces in
> filenames. I originally created the launcher by using the browse feature
>   to select the folder (which had a space in the name). I changed the
> name  to one with no spaces, and everything is alright now.
>
> Is this the expected result when using nautilus? If nautilus doesn't
> support spaces in filenames, shouldn't it prevent you from creating them
> in the first place?
>
> What do you think? Still a bug?
>
> sam

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bugs?field.searchtext=filename&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>

You'll find what you are looking for there :-)