term question

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:49:44 UTC 2008

I found this solutions on the forums. The solution is simply to add
nosplash to your menu.lst file.

Open terminal in Gnome (Accessories-Terminal). Enter sudo gedit
/boot/grub/menu.lst. Enter your user password. Scroll down to the entry
of your active kernel. You'll recognize that by the name you press every
time you want to enter into Ubuntu. In the append section add "nosplash"
or "splash=no" at the end of line, and if there delete the
"splash=silent" or whatever it is there. Save the file and exit. Reboot.