Best way to do traffic shaping?

Travis Smith ts0384 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:18:16 UTC 2008

hmm I have only seen appliances as traffic shaping between vlans so cant
help you there... but I have seen degregated performance by using the voip
provided router and running a computer off that as well. Setting up a switch
and hanging the voip box off that took care of the  problem. If you already
have a switch in place maybe you could look at QOS  and configuring the
switch to dedicate so much bandwidth to the VOIP traffic.