Manually opening TCP ports

Gavin Costello gavcos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:31:14 UTC 2008

Have you looked into using the package tinyhoneypot?

Package: tinyhoneypot
State: not installed
Version: 0.4.6-8
 Small honeypot provides an environment which can be used to to lure attackers
 into it. It provides sample responses that simulate a set of services (http,
 pop3, ftp, ssh, mssql and shell) and logs all the connections to these services
 for later auditing.

 Homepage: http://www.alpinista.org/thp/

HTH,

Gavin.