Saving music files

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Mar 6 23:28:02 UTC 2008

Rich Rudnick wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> Rich Rudnick wrote:

>>> First, make sure you have ubuntu-restricted-extras installed.
>>>
>>     I tried # apt-get install and it has a place it stops and I can't
>> say yes in the Terminal. Is there another way to do this?
>>

> That's very odd, you should only have to hit y and return.
>
> You can also go to system->admin->synaptic package manager, and search
> (ctrl-f) for ubuntu restricted extras, right click the package and
> select Mark for installation. Then hit the Apply button.

    Well...I used the y and return which worked just fine and now the
Sound Juicer is just a few minutes from saving my best Kelly singing cd
to files for my tiny PDA from RCA. It can only read the files with .mp3.
Strange but guess it has a Windows operating system :-)

    Thank You!

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI