No subject

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Mar 6 21:11:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 02:26 +0000, James Crawford wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am new to Ubuntu. I just installed it on my computer yesterday. I
> want to create a mount point to my NTFS drive which contains Windows
> XP on it. The reason why I want to do this is because, if XP crashes,
> I can take my files of the drive and move it to Ubuntu.
>
> What is the process for doing this in Ubuntu 7.10?

Welcome to Ubuntu, and have a good time!

In Ubuntu 7.10, your Windows drives (even NTFS) should be available by
default. See here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountingWindowsPartitions

In my case, desktop icons were created but I seem to remember having
read that some people had problems with this. Can you see the drives if
you go to menu Places -> Computer? And if you can see them, can you
doubleclick and open them?

This might be helpful for you, too:
https://help.ubuntu.com/7.10/windows/C/