Running an application

Nils Kassube kassube at
Wed Mar 5 17:16:54 UTC 2008

Siraj Shaikh wrote:
> so I have done
> export FDRHOME=/home/user1/fdr-2.83-linux-academic
> and the command is taken fine by the system. After that, in the
> "fdr-2.83-linux-academic" folder, there is a bin folder, in which
> there is a file "fdr2" which is a "Link to shell script" which is what
> I am supposed to click on to run the program. But when I do nothing
> happens.

No, it is not meant to be clicked but it is meant to be run from the
shell. The problem is that the environment variable is not set when you
click the file. I suggest you put the line

export FDRHOME=/home/user1/fdr-2.83-linux-academic

in the second line of the script. Then the beginning of the script would
look like this:

export FDRHOME=/home/user1/fdr-2.83-linux-academic

I think you should change the other scripts in the same way, because they
all expect the environment variable FDRHOME to be set.