Ubuntu - Rythym Box issue

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:27:50 UTC 2008

On Wed 05 Mar 2008 09:58:00 Karl Larsen wrote:

Nothing to see here, move along.

>     The PDA is a RCA OPAL model M4002 and it was at Wal Mart for $50.00.
> It has a 2 GB Flash memory and shows video and MP3 sound. The small
> screen is in color. The ear plugs are good and really HiFi!

So, it's recognized as a generic media player, which is why rythmbox opened
automatically. It's the same that happens with amarok and if I understand
correctly, they mimimc iTunes' behaviour.

If so, it's expected.

> When I plug in the USB plug I checked tail dmesg and saw the PDA was
> seen and correctly identified. But it caused Rythym Box to be launched
> and for the life of me I never saw how to use this software with my PDA.

You could probaly use rythmbox to 'sync" your media collection between the
device and the computer.

BTW, is this the kind of device that's easy to install linux with OPIE? Do you
intend to try?

regards
FF