ttf-punjabi-fonts: Unable to remove package

shaap at uhweb64208.united-hoster.com shaap at uhweb64208.united-hoster.com
Wed Mar 5 13:58:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:01:49AM -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Alex Janssen wrote:
>
> > Wim Delvaux said the following on 03/02/2008 07:30 PM:
> >> Package: ttf-punjabi-fonts
> >> Version: 1:0.5.0-0ubuntu1
> >> Severity: minor
> >>

> >> I do not need these fonts (all other ttf-...-fonts of special languages).
> >> I can easily remove the package .
> >>
> >> but for some reason the package is being reinstalled upon every update.
> >>
> >> I presume that some packages require it ?
>
> # apt-cache rdepends PACKAGE

"apt-cache rdepends ttf-punjabi-fonts" tells us that it's needed by
"ttf-indic-fonts" which is needed by "ubuntu-desktop". I think that's more
possible than having installed any "-l10n-pa-in" package such as
"openoffice.org-l10n-pa-in".

When updating, this dependency is missing and reinstalled as a result.

love
shaap