Kerberized NFS4 mount

Jan Sanders jsanders at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed Mar 5 13:07:26 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I use Hardy and Debian/etch. Both of them as kerberized NFS4 clients.
Both clients are using the same KDC. An both clients
kinit -p myprincipal
works and the ticket can be seen using klist. I want to have per-user
authentication for my nfs4 clients so I started rcp.gssd using the -n
flag on both machines.
Now I try as root:
kinit -p myprincipal
mount -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5 nfsserver:/homes/myprincipal /mnt

On the Debian/etch distro it works. On the Hardy distro it complains:
mount.nfs4: an incorrect mount option was specified

NFS client versions:

for Debian/etch:
nfs-common 1:1.1.1-9
libnfsidmap2 0.20-0

for Hardy:
nfs-common 1:1.1.1-12ubuntu2
libnfsidmap2 0.20-0build1

Kerberos Versions are the same on both machines:
krb5-user  1.6.dfsg.3~beta1-2

Any help appreciated

TIA

js